Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung shops around Dublin

Options
  • 09-01-2012 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    Can anyone give a tip about shops in Dublin area, where one can see and try Samsung LED TVs?

A few other questions:
    Anyone having Samsung Smart TV can say if the Netflix app is available in Ireland, and how it works? How about Netflix via Xbox 360? Any good?
    How about the PVR feature, does it work well?
    I have a network drive, can it play from there easily or does it really need to be from a device that supports DNLA?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

DubLx wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can anyone give a tip about shops in Dublin area, where one can see and try Samsung LED TVs?

A few other questions:
    Anyone having Samsung Smart TV can say if the Netflix app is available in Ireland, and how it works? How about Netflix via Xbox 360? Any good?
    How about the PVR feature, does it work well?
    I have a network drive, can it play from there easily or does it really need to be from a device that supports DNLA?

Thanks!
    Signed up for Netflix today but the app isn't on the Samsung smart tv list at all! Went to Netflix site and they give a link to download it but it just brings you to the Samsung homepage.

Hopefully it's still just early days for it and will come soon! But as far as I know it does work through Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JustACitizen

I still don't see the netflix app today on samsung smart tv appstore - I'm assuming its just a matter of time though.

I got a good demo of samsung LED TVs in Harvey Norman's in Carrickmines (but that was about 6 months ago). (I actually bought it from Samsyerman in the North in the end).

I use the PVR - you have to connect an external hard drive via USB. It works fine although the scheduling isnt very advanced (e.g. no series link - just schedule regular time slots, etc).

As far as I know, networked devices must support DLNA alright.

Advertisement