Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of paying for hypnotherapy for my ma to give up smoking

Options
  • 09-01-2012 7:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

She has a scar on her lung and her cough is getting worse. Has anybody ever tried it and does it usually work? Also, if anyone can recommend a good place that'd be super.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Cristoirde

I have had it done and am off them 6yrs. It does work but its not something that you decide you are getting for someone else its something that person has to decide for themselves. They have to believe in hypnosis and want to give up smoking. Also avoid any of the ones that give u a cd or a gimmick to bring home. A good therapist will embed the suggestion so that u shouldnt need any of that stuff. It does work.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from after hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Cristoirde

The lad I went to was sean flanagan. He is in dublin 2 beside grafton st and I think he has a place in Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Cristoirde wrote: »
    Also avoid any of the ones that give u a cd or a gimmick to bring home. A good therapist will embed the suggestion so that u shouldnt need any of that stuff. It does work.

Op every thing Cristoirde apart from the above is spot on, if you are going to pay for your mother session she must really want it and value the fact that you are paying your hard earned cash for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Aidan Leonard

as a hypnotherapist myself, your mother really has to want to do this herself. there is no point in you making her go. she really has to want it for this to work. but if she really wants this herself, Hypnosis really is the way to go. it can make quitting smoking so easy, eliminating any with drawl symptoms.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

as a hypnotherapist myself, your mother really has to want to do this herself. there is no point in you making her go. she really has to want it for this to work. but if she really wants this herself, Hypnosis really is the way to go. it can make quitting smoking so easy, eliminating any with drawl symptoms.

She wants to, I wouldn't have thought about it otherwise. €300 for two sessions in my local place puts me off slightly.

Advertisement