Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normandy cider

Options
  • 09-01-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Does anybody know of a restaurant in Dublin - fancy or not fancy, doesn't matter - where they serve genuine Normandy cider (not Bulmers or Kopperberg)?

Myself and a colleague both like it and as he is retiring shortly for our last 'long lunch' we thought we'd find some place that had Normandy cider.

Thanks for any suggestions...

FdP

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Does it have to be Norman? They have Double LL Irish cider in L. Mulligan Grocer and (I think) the Winding Stair. It's in the same league as the good French stuff, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

you can pick up some bottles in the drinkstore on manor st if you can find a BYO restraunt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Thanks guys; yes we were hoping for Normandy cider. We'er also going to try to find a restaurant that serves northern French food. Nothing like setting ourselves a challenge...!

The Manor St place is a good idea so if all else fails we can get some there and do without the northern French food. Maybe buy some Cuisine de France bread and sit in the park instead...

Appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

http://www.lamerezou.ie/

is very good, I'm not sure if they have Normandy cider tho.

But if you tell them in advance they may be able to accommodate you

Excellent idea. Never been there, but the menus look good and if they can find some cider for us, even better.

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

For those of you who read this - try the Normandy cider. Maybe the Dupont one that is aged in oak for 6 months before secondary fermentation - Nothing beats it that I have tasted. They do a very tasty 15 year calvados (and older - just call in to see the range). Has to be said - they don't mess with the apple.
    Conn Trass outside Cahir in Tipp had some devine stuff too the last time I was there - apple juice with just goodness added.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Not a restaurant, but Lidl are doing Normandy cider from Thursday; €2.49/500ml bottle. They've had it before and it's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

TY Padraig, best news in a while. Looking forward to it.

"Not a restaurant, but Lidl are doing Normandy cider from Thursday; €2.49/500ml bottle. They've had it before and it's lovely."

Thanks Padraig, I'm definitely going to hit Lidl.

Still not really found a restaurant that has real Normandy cider on the drinks list though. In the meantime, Lidl will do 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Is that a smaller bottle than before from Lidl? The previous offer was a 750ml bottle and was very good. I have been waiting for it's return. Unfortunately I'm away for the next few days so will have to send in a messanger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

:D It's the same 750ml as before. Recommend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Sorry 750 ml is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

went into lidl this morning in cork and none left :( 20 cases which is 120bottles sold your man said!

Advertisement