Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Lab in Maynooth

Options
  • 09-01-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi All,

My female Choclate lab escaped from the house today in Maynooth, if anyone sees her can they PM me ASAP?

She's very friendly so you can approach also, answers to the name 'Ruby'

Thanks
    Nanoc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Where in Maynooth do you live? I work just outside maynooth so ill keep an eye out for her. Contact all the vets in the town and the garda station as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Hey andreac,

We're up in Straffan wood but I think she'd head towards the canal and the town centre,

Thanks for keeping an eye out!

Is she microchipped? Please say she is :(

andreac wrote: »
    Is she microchipped? Please say she is :(

Yep she is microchipped and thankfully registered to us! Have been ringing all the local vets in Maynooth, celbridge and leixlip.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

What time did this happen at??
    I saw a chocolate Lab this morning on the way to work wandering around near the N4 junction...on the Maynooth side near Lidls.

This was at 7.30 am.

• Advertisement

Hi Hellrazer,

It happened about 10.40 this morning that she bolted, a neighbour saw her and tried to coax her but she darted.

Having said that, it could have been her as it was the side gate that seems to have somehow worked it's way open and I'm in Straffan Wood, right opposite Lidl.

No joy at the moment anyway, just back from searching and will head out for a drive now in a bit.

Mods,

sorry for creating a thread for this, I was doing it on the phone while searching and didn't see the lost and found one above,

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Nanoc wrote: »
    Hi Hellrazer,

It happened about 10.40 this morning that she bolted, a neighbour saw her and tried to coax her but she darted.

Having said that, it could have been her as it was the side gate that seems to have somehow worked it's way open and I'm in Straffan Wood, right opposite Lidl.

No joy at the moment anyway, just back from searching and will head out for a drive now in a bit.

Well it was definately at 7.30-7.40 this morning.Was just heading to work.

Dog looked about 2-3 years old--I mean it wasnt a young puppy or a really old Lab.

Think the reason I noticed it was that I have a Lab myself and seeing it so close to the N4 I was a bit worried.

Ill keep an eye out for you around the area.If I see her I`ll take her in and pop you a pm here.

Mods,

sorry for creating a thread for this, I was doing it on the phone while searching and didn't see the lost and found one above,

Its ok--dont worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Hiya, just to say I spotted that young dark lab just now on the Kilcock road-I live near to the graveyard, and was out running-as I came in to Maynooth, it was outside the carpark entrance at Manor Mills, by the time I got out back to the roundabout, it was there, and running over and back across the road-I tried calling it, but I had a flashing torch with me, think I just spooked it.:( Was gonna call the Gardai to let them know, and just remembered spotting this thread-if I can coax it to me, I will! Will drop you a pm with my no.

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Just to give an update, thanks to itac above I managed to find Ruby in the college in Maynooth. If I could thank a thousand times I would!!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the help. Ruby is resting up now from her big adventure........... NEVER TO BE REPEATED!:rolleyes:

Boardsies rock!

6669189757_8562d5d197.jpg

Thats great news mate.
    Now get that gate fixed......and save yourself all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Fantastic!

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Thats great news mate.
    Now get that gate fixed......and save yourself all this.

Already been out and done it :p Didn't know there was a problem until today, she can sleep in tonight as a treat I think

Thanks again.

Brilliant news. God she travelled a fair bit then if she was down in the college :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

hurrah for boards! Just glad I went for a run when I did : ) Hope she enjoys her sleep-in and doesn't try to re-create her great escape anytime soon:D!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

That's brilliant news! Thank dog for boards, amazing what can be done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Thats brilliant news, well done itac:D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

Hi All,

Just to give an update, thanks to itac above I managed to find Ruby in the college in Maynooth. If I could thank a thousand times I would!!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the help. Ruby is resting up now from her big adventure........... NEVER TO BE REPEATED!:rolleyes:

Boardsies rock!

6669189757_8562d5d197.jpg
    Gorgeous dog, I'm glad she's home safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 griff110

I'm confused.....

I'm glad that you got you the pooch back but clearly there has been some mistake. The dog pictured above is very obviously not the one who legged it and had a great adventure for herself for the day. Clearly butter could not possible melt in that dogs mouth. :D

Bet she had a great time chasing the rabbits in the college glad you got her back safe and sound

Griff

• Advertisement
Advertisement