Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about a VW poptop/high roof

Options
  • 09-01-2012 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Looking for a 4 berth for (hopefully) reasonable money. Anyone know of good places to look?

Any advice on what to look for? I'm pretty familiar with the VW engines and running gear as I've done most of my own servicing on a few of them over the years so I'd be reasonably happy from that side of things. Not sure if the conversions to camper brings any additional issues I'd need to watch out for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭wax

Best bet would be to check out www.eircooled.com or www.type2ireland.org

Vw's are ridiculously expensive but prices have fallen over the last 2 years.
    Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Lochlannach

I know the VW stuff is expensive but there aren't very many alternatives. We have bugger all more space than a car to park the thing in so that limits us on van size. We also need a 3/4 berth. In terms of what's packed into them they are spot on for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Neutech2010

What age VW ?

T4 best bet, buy a van and convert it to a camper loads people now doing this

What age VW ?

T4 best bet, buy a van and convert it to a camper loads people now doing this

Yeah, the more we look the more we were kinda leaning towards the T4 alright. They're like hens teeth though!!!

Even looking at the websites in Germany it's hard to find a reasonably priced one!

• Advertisement

Also leaning more towards the poptop idea. It would allow me to bring my kayak much easier ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Also leaning more towards the poptop idea. It would allow me to bring my kayak much easier ;)
    I've a long wheel base toyota hice hight top crackng van only down side is that it's not light on juice. imported it from japan via supercamper.co.uk sleeps two + two kids

Rapidly heading down the conversion route...now to find a nice clean van ;)

Oops

Advertisement