Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

February 2012 intake

• 09-01-2012 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Anyone here anything about an intake soon ? or even people being called for medical ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tiny but mighty

Hi A.G.S.
    I got an email today to say that phase 1 of training was beginning in February. I began my registration process in March two years ago if that is any help?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Hi A.G.S.
    I got an email today to say that phase 1 of training was beginning in February. I began my registration process in March two years ago if that is any help?:)

Interesting.. When was your medical etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

Hi A.G.S.

Have you had your medical ? and did they give the dates ?

I completed my medical before the summer. This date of training for me is the 9th. But there could be others that I dont know of. I hope this helps:)

I completed my medical before the summer. This date of training for me is the 9th. But there could be others that I dont know of. I hope this helps:)

Thanks and well done! still waiting on medical :(

• Advertisement

it has been a very slooooooooooooow process for me too, but have patience.:) Whenever I've put it out of my mind news has come (easier said than done I know!)

it has been a very slooooooooooooow process for me too, but have patience.:) Whenever I've put it out of my mind news has come (easier said than done I know!)

I have been waiting a year! its painful I must say but cant wait for the call :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

I also got my email inviting me to phase I training in Templemore on February 9th.......I passed the initial interview in March 2007, so as you can see they don't be in any rush!!

Anyone else heading down to the training from the north east region?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

I also got my email inviting me to phase I training in Templemore on February 9th.......I passed the initial interview in March 2007, so as you can see they don't be in any rush!!

Wow just under 5 years!! Kudos on waiting it out for so long and enjoy templemore, you've earned your place anyway! Was there many relatives living abroad on your BR form or what slowed it down so much do you think?

I wish I was heading down :) ..

//Start rant

I just wish it would go even a small bit quicker, whats worse is not knowing what stage the form is at. Would anyone even know, how many BR applications are in progress, is it in the 1000's or 100's or 10's ? The rate they get checked at you swear they were in the 100,000's !

//End rant

• Advertisement

Wow just under 5 years!! Kudos on waiting it out for so long and enjoy templemore, you've earned your place anyway! Was there many relatives living abroad on your BR form or what slowed it down so much do you think?

Thanks King,
    I have 2 relatives in England and about 8 in Northern Ireland, the rest in the republic!

Noone has heard of it taking so long and I've spoken to people who have relatives living all over the world so I was just unlucky! Longest wait was between meeting the Superintendent and going to the medical which was a 3.5 year gap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Got word today I will be part of the few starting on Feb 9th. Heading down from Dublin on the 8th if anyone needs a lift.

one2one wrote: »
    Got word today I will be part of the few starting on Feb 9th. Heading down from Dublin on the 8th if anyone needs a lift.

When did you apply one2one ?

Had Interview & Report writing in March 11, passed Medical in July 11.

one2one wrote: »
    Had Interview & Report writing in March 11, passed Medical in July 11.

A person under a year ? I had my test in May.. Still on the BR checks.. Best of luck down there in Feb !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Busy girl

Hi all,
    I too have received an email to attend training on the 9th!! I've had to turn down the last two intakes due to work commitments!! Looking forward to going down, however I am very nervous!!!! I will be down on the evening of the 8th.. So hope to meet you all that eve!!

So a few of us heading now.....where abouts are you heading down from Busy Girl?

I'm heading down from Dublin! I wonder how many of us are in this intake?

Busy girl wrote: »
    I'm heading down from Dublin! I wonder how many of us are in this intake?

Thinking the same, they seem to just do the training in random bursts..

When was the last intake and when will be the next or are they (as you say) just random??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Savio11

So who's heading down this Wednesday, I will be alrite but I'm working till 7, so driving up from Cork after, so hope to get there for bout 9:30 or 10, Are people goin to meet in Polly's Bar?

I'm heading down Wednesday around 8ish, and will be heading to Pollys. Doubt I'll be having pints though, might stick to the 7up just incase!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭Altezza98

Phase1 is it lads?

I'm on my way to templemore this eve anyone else Down tonight??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

awfully quiet in here folks, how did everyone get on?

Also waiting to hear how it went. I had to postpone my training due to work commitments! raging! Hope everyone got on great...

Guys and gals ?

Things are very quite from this intake, anyone who was in this class care to share their experience? in regards to phase 2 ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 atreyugk

Also guys/gals :-) what was the schedule for your two days on phase one? Were you fed, was it physical, was there much studying and what time did you finish up at roughly? Not lookin for course content just a rough idea thanks!!!

Advertisement