Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat B6 window regulator kit

Options
  • 09-01-2012 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

During the frost last year the driver window ‘ground’ to a halt. Now as the NCT is due I need to fix it. The main dealer said over the phone that the regulator needs to be replaced and gave me a price of 270eura!!

The part number is V3C2837462H. VW passat B6 2006.

I can get one on ebay for 84 eura delivered and I’ll leave this to job to my mechanic, I noticed there are kits for sale called ‘window regulator repair kit’.

Has anyone used one of these kits before? Are they a good/bad job.

See pic attached.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭swhyte027

Be hard to find a mechanic to fit a repair kit for a window reg as they won't stand over it.only problem with r eBay for the new reg is u need to b sure u have the right one.my advice to u is and this is what I tell all my customers go to motor factors the likes of otto or gsf and buy it yourself or get the Indy garage to buy it and fit it.it will be half the money of the main dealers price

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Its not that hard to fit at all if you are any way handy there are loads of DIY guides on the 'net.

Advertisement