Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Grinding from brake when turning.

Options
  • 09-01-2012 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

Bit of an issue that we have just noticed. When braking while turning left there is a grinding noise from the left brake, but it doesn't happen when turning right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,061 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I don't think it's the brake - probably a CV joint?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

unkel wrote: »
    I don't think it's the brake - probably a CV joint?
    How would I check that?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

possibly a wheel bearing too. I had similar symptoms last year, bearing was on its way south for the winter...

gatecrash wrote: »
    possibly a wheel bearing too. I had similar symptoms last year, bearing was on its way south for the winter...
    Sh1t not good, I only have the car 4 months and this is the second major thing thats gone wrong, the clutch had to be replaced last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I'd be inclined to agree with Unkel about the CV joint. Have a look under the car and identify the driveshaft. Near the hub, you will see the rubber boot on the driveshaft. Check for any craks or rupture. Rare that CV joints give trouble without this being split allowing the grease to leak out and the grit from the road to enter and chew the joint in no time.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks, I'll check later on and get back with what I find.

Advertisement