Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

how to remove spray paint off car panels

Options
  • 09-01-2012 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

hi all i picked a car up a few weeks ago and the previous owner had painted the bonnet and boot matt black with rattle cans which i cant stand and want to get rid of it:(.I dont have the money to bring it to a bodyshop so im looking for any info on removing it with other stuff

the two doors have also been painted with rattle cans but not laquered so the paint is flat and horrid:mad:.

will nail varnish remover or thinners take this paint off. i will ad a drop of white spirits just to thin it out a bt so its not as aggressive to the paint underneath.

i have already done one of the rear quarter panels with 1200/1500 wet and dry which was also painted with rattle cans and there is no damage to any of the quarter panel apart from a little mark down the arch which is an infection in the laquer which is easily repaired and there was no need for painting the whole quarter panel.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

any help much appreciated

Comments

Advertisement