Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo Mk 3 Driveshaft

Options
  • 09-01-2012 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi all. My 03 TDCI Mondeo has let me down again:(. In December the battery and coil spring had to be replaced. It has now developed a heavy shuddering. When you get to 50mph and go to put the boot down a very severe shudder develops when you take foot of the gas it stops. After a bit of Research I think its the o/s driveshaft. How much would it cost to replace. Is it worth getting one out of a scrapyard.
    Thanks in advance.
    Clancyoo7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭swhyte027

I'd be more inclined to say its your wheel bearing as the give a lot of trouble on the mondeos.have you checked it out to make sure it's the drive otherwise ur waisting money check it out first

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

It does sound like an inner cv problem but as swhyte says you should get it checked out before you go buying any parts.

Advertisement