Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal mediums???

Options
  • 09-01-2012 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Okay this might sound a bit mental but does anyone know any mediums who can contact pets that have died??? my cat was put to sleep a few months back and i just cant seem to get over it....loved him dearly and still cry over him...mainly because i feel so bad for the suffering i think he went through the night he died...cant forgive myself for not getting him put to sleep sooner...but just didnt wanna give up on him. Id love to know if hes okay and in a better place...yep i know i sound nuts lol
    Im in the dublin area
    Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Hi Elaine.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your pet but mediumship does not exist. You will certainly find any medium will tell you they will contact your cat because they will want your money, but psychic powers do not exist. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elaine1979

Thanks for the reply. i guess im just clutching at straws to find some way of knowing he didnt suffer :( im really not sure if i believe in mediums. been to a few myself and thought they were full of crap but in saying that people i know said they apparently "told them things they couldnt have known". Thanks for the reply anyways x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

If you wish I can move this to the Psychics & Mediums forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

You did your best, we all do and none of us want an animal to suffer. You loved your cat and had good times together - focus on that and don't be looking for forgiveness for something that may have been beyond your control.

Your cat isn't suffering any more and he has you to thank for intervening and ending that for him. Try to move on - perhaps talk to a bereavement counsellor yourself rather than some unqualified fairy story medium quack nonsense person.

'cptr

(That'll be €20....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Elaine, so sorry for your loss. I just put my oldest cat Puddy ( 21) down a few days ago and I know what you're going through. I think you've got to let go of the guilt, it's weighing you down. You clearly loved your cat and did what was best for him. I knew with Puddy it was time to let her go when I saw her iin the kitchen just looking miserable. It's a decision all pet owners make and it's hard and painful, but you do what's right.
    Your cat is dead. But your love for him and affection for him is not. Carry that with you and in time you'll get over his loss. Don't waste money on those vultures, maybe donate a little money to an animal sanctuary in memory of your cat instead.
    Best to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I've talked, on other boards, to people who claim to be pet psychics (I am 100% sceptical about it) and they said nothing to give any impression that they had any clue what they were talking about, and even refused to give any free readings for testing purposes; they refused to 'communicate' with my dogs even to tell me something as basic as where the dogfood is kept.

As an earlier poster said what you will find is plenty of people willing to tell you whatever you want to hear in order to get your money.

The fact that you're mourning your cat shows that you are a caring person, and I have no doubt at all that you did everything in your power to ensure that your pet was as pain free as possible. Your cat would never resent you for giving them every chance at life, or blame you for their illness. Any pet would be lucky to have you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 marijame

I'm so sorry for your loss OP. Having lost our dog in September, I know how you feel, putting an animal to sleep is so hard and there's not a day goes by when I dont think of her.
    When I first opened the thread, I suppose I was half hoping that someone would say, "yes there is a way to find out if your pet is ok" but after reading the replies I've come to my own conclusion now, which is the following:
    Even if there was some genuinely gifted individual out there who could communicate with those who have passed on either human or animal, what good would it be? No one would be able to interpret my dog like I could, she couldn't talk, so how could a medium know what she is saying? In life she let me know what she was feeling with her body language, how could anyone else understand that? It just doesn't make sense. The best I could hope for is to know that she's running happily at the rainbow bridge, but I don't need a medium to tell me that..
    No one knew your cat like you do, so I really don't think anyone else will be able to give you this comfort you need, but what can help, is knowing you're not alone. So many of us on this forum have lost our beloved pets and are still grieving, we know what you're going through, hang in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP - sorry for your loss.
    As someone who has also had to make that choice all I can say is that finally making that decision is one of the hardest things to do.

Right now you are wracked with your own guilt over how much your cat may have suffered through what you now think might be a delay in making that choice - however by waiting that little be extra you gave your cat that much longer to try to fight for their life.

Saying not to feel guilty is easy - but you really did give your cat a chance her to turn their situation around. This was a really tough choice - but one you had to make and you made the best and right decision for you and your cat at the time. Every situation is different though so there is no right or wrong here.

You did the best you could for your cat. Try to focus on the happy times and don't fall into the easy trap of only thinking of the last day or two... I had to make this choice a year and a half ago - and I only think of the happy times with Tiger now, try to do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Anyone claiming to be able to contact dead animals is a liar and a fraud; worse they are cynically making money out of the emotions of people who have gone through bereavement such as yourself. In my view it's the worst kind of cynical fraud.

Be strong and know you did that right thing. Your pet can't and couldn't understand it in human terms, but would have been very relieved to escape the pain it was suffering. You did a brave and kind thing in ending that suffering, and you made that decision with the animal's best interest at heart. I'm sure your pet was very happy to have you as an owner. Let go of your guilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

marijame wrote: »
    I'm so sorry for your loss OP. Having lost our dog in September, I know how you feel, putting an animal to sleep is so hard and there's not a day goes by when I dont think of her.
    When I first opened the thread, I suppose I was half hoping that someone would say, "yes there is a way to find out if your pet is ok" but after reading the replies I've come to my own conclusion now, which is the following:
    Even if there was some genuinely gifted individual out there who could communicate with those who have passed on either human or animal, what good would it be? No one would be able to interpret my dog like I could, she couldn't talk, so how could a medium know what she is saying? In life she let me know what she was feeling with her body language, how could anyone else understand that? It just doesn't make sense. The best I could hope for is to know that she's running happily at the rainbow bridge, but I don't need a medium to tell me that..
    No one knew your cat like you do, so I really don't think anyone else will be able to give you this comfort you need, but what can help, is knowing you're not alone. So many of us on this forum have lost our beloved pets and are still grieving, we know what you're going through, hang in there...

Totally +100 on this, put much better than I could have put it!!
    I still feel guilty after losing my dog nearly 5 years ago now, he died from a terminal illness, but I should have gotten a second opinion, I should have taken better care of him, I shouldn't have taken him for a walk that morning, it goes on. But noone knew him like I did, noone could tell me 'your dog is here and he wants you to know xyz' cos I wouldn't believe it and I actually believe in most of that stuff!! I think what you're feeling is normal, I send you my sympathy and hope you get through this tough time and as other posters have said, so many of us have been through it so you're not alone in your feelings.

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Hi Elaine.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your pet but mediumship does not exist. You will certainly find any medium will tell you they will contact your cat because they will want your money, but psychic powers do not exist. Sorry.

I would listen to MrStuffins as he has studied the internet for many years.:P

But if you are having trouble with this , it would be worth going to a psychiatrist or even just talking about it can help alot. Coming to terms with a death of a loved one human or pet, you should never really go to a psychic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Psychics are for the most part total charlatans who tell you what they think you want to hear.
    I know there are counsellors who handle cases of grief after a pet dies - its a very real loss .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭emmetmurphy

I think Sean the Psychic can contact animals

http://www.psychicreadingsireland.com/links_g_i.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Hi OP
    So sorry for your loss. My beloved cat died in November so I know what you are going through. I still have a little whinge about her. I agree with the other posters about mediums being fake. I think it's a dangerous road to go down as some people can become quite obsessed with it. Obviously though it's your decision. Have you thought about channelling your grief in other ways such as doing some sort of memorial for him? I've just ordered a little headstone for my girl's grave and am also going to put a little fence around it and do it up nice. I think this will help me xx

Delancey wrote: »
    Psychics are for the most part total charlatans who tell you what they think you want to hear.

Psychics, Politicians, That drunk guy at a party :P

Advertisement