Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walker 28'' TV not working; repair or scrap??

Options
  • 09-01-2012 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

Walker 28'' TV Model: WP2806PF failed last november; I've already replaced it with an LG 32'' LCD but am now wondering if the walker is worth repairing and use in the spare room for playstation etc.

When I switch it on; it comes alive so to speak for a second or so then dead. Prior to it dying, the picture shrank to about 21'' square then this too went and I was left with sound only then everything went.

Anyway, what do ye think, scrap and move on or is it worthy of repair. TV is about four years ond but in great cosmetic condition.

Cheeks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,358 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You'll be lucky to even find someone prepared to look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Coylemj,

Cheers for the reply; any reason why no one would touch it so to speak...... presumably its because they are a rare breed TV.

Anyone care to speculate on a DIY fix...... nothing to lose @ this stage as next stop is the skip / recycing centre for it!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

islanderre wrote: »
    Coylemj,

Cheers for the reply; any reason why no one would touch it so to speak...... presumably its because they are a rare breed TV.

Anyone care to speculate on a DIY fix...... nothing to lose @ this stage as next stop is the skip / recycing centre for it!!!!!!!!!

Sounds very similar to the capacitor problem with the samsung's have a google loads of info and instructions..

Bryaner,

Cheers for that........I have googled it under WALKER WP280, Walker TV problems etc. but feck all info on it. I'll google Samsung Problems instead and take it form there.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭sundodger5

go on youtube and search for a guy called randy fromm. arcade monitors mainly but the principal is the same.
    main thing to understand is that if it is a crt tube there are serious voltages in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

jasus i remember the old days 25 years ago bringing our old 32 inch tv to get it serviced lol. every 2 years or so, wouldnt dream of buying a new tv!
    Smoke would come out the back and you would hear a fizzle. do they even fix flat screens these days or is it a bin job with most problems?
    talk about throw away society

Sundodger5,

You Tubed Arcade monitors ther....good stuff. Will get my hands on a multi meter one of the days and dig around in the TV. I've nothing to lose!!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,358 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

islanderre wrote: »
    Coylemj,

No, nothing like that, I expect the components would all be similar across most brands as is the case with PCs i.e. there's really no such thing as an oddball brand of TV that I'm aware of.

The problem I forsee for you is just finding anyone who's prepared to look at repairing a TV. RTV rentals on Dun Laoghaire main st. had a guy in a workshop around the back who did repairs but you had to make an appointment, I don't think he worked there full time.

Advertisement