Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

sky player on samsung tv web browser

Options
  • 08-01-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

i have a samsung d6530 tv with a web browser. when i log into sky go (player) in order to watch live tv i need to install moonlight. moonlight is some type of microsoft silverlight for linux and unix/x11 operating systems. the problem is that i dont know the version to install. i must choose: 32bit or 64bit. then : for firefox or for chrome. i dont know which browser i have or is it 32/64 bit. :confused:http://www.go-mono.com/moonlight/download.aspx any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Yeah, don't think it'll let you install anything. It's probably locked down. It's a TV not a PC it's not meant to be meddled with.

Just try all of them. If you can get any of them to work i'll be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bagsecg

monkeycork,
    I have the same tv with web browser and unfortunately sky go doesnt work on the tv. Neither of the versions you refer to will install. There is some talk that the samsung tv will be upgraded to include silverlight at some stage but personally cant see it for a while. Back to connecting laptop to tv with HDMI cable if you have it im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭monkeycork

Bagsecg wrote: »
    monkeycork,
    I have the same tv with web browser and unfortunately sky go doesnt work on the tv. Neither of the versions you refer to will install. There is some talk that the samsung tv will be upgraded to include silverlight at some stage but personally cant see it for a while. Back to connecting laptop to tv with HDMI cable if you have it im afraid.

balls! ya have been doing that. its ok but a bit of a pain to set up everytime. its a excellent tv otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bagsecg

monkeycork wrote: »
    Bagsecg wrote: »
    monkeycork,

balls! ya have been doing that. its ok but a bit of a pain to set up everytime. its a excellent tv otherwise.

Ya complete balls!!First thing I checked out after I purchased the tv was sky go.Someday soon hopefully.Excellent tv is right,dunno if I'm using it to its full capabilities though.Im a bit technologically inept to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Jon_459

Maybe I'm missing something here but why would you want to watch SKY Go on a television when you can watch the programs themselves on the tv............?????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭marco2068

i presume to save getting multiroom, and save a few €:cool:

Advertisement