Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How make cat eat better food!!

Options
  • 08-01-2012 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

One of my cats is great he will eat anything (he's the one on diet! If u read my other posts)but the other I try everything applaws animonda hills select gold etc etc but he only wants eat Whiskas bad I know bt when I started I was none the wiser about cat food .i tried literally everything leave it down pick it up mix it with Whiskas mix with tuna he just eats around it!hes is sooooo fussy and stuborn he cud go forages not eat anything until I cave in :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Mine was the same, I just kept trying different brands and flavours til I found one that was good quality and she liked, she's now on bozita chicken & turkey in gravy. Spent a fortune on zooplus buying loads of different brands- smilla fish pot & the other small tins (which I thought she'd love as there's big chunks of fish in it), animonda carny (which I believe she didn't even nibble on) and a few different flavours and consistencies of bozita (jelly, pate and gravy). Finally settled on chicken & turkey in gravy and ended feeding some of the food to a kitten I was looking after and giving the rest to a rescue (which I'm sure the normal cats there really appreciated the smilla fish pots).

I find mine prefers more liquidy consistencies so I got the gravy and mix in a good dollop of water and give it a good stir (used to also mash it into oblivion to get her to eat it first, started mashing it less and less then). Although mines been on whiskas all christmas because I kept putting off ordering from zooplus, hopefully there'l be an easy transition back to bozita when it arrives next week.

All I can say is see what he seems to prefer (gravy or jelly and what flavour) and go onto zooplus and order loads of different samples, some brands do different sample deals where you can get 4 cans of different flavours and doesn't break the bank (although it does all add up, especially when it ends up in the bin :rolleyes:). Oh the joys of owning belonging to a fussy cat. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ladyjuicy08

At least my other cat eat it so doesnt go to waste bt prob why he sooo fat lol think it to do with smells he has calcivirus so sometimes he's little stuffed up pain in d bum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

How long do you wait before you cave in?

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    How long do you wait before you cave in?

If I give before work n no joy I try again when I come if still no joy I cave before bed don't like leaving any longer u hear all the things about affecting their liver if they don't eat he's unbelievable stubborn though n will go kitchen cry to be fed n then just cover up the bowl when I leave it down CATS !!:D

Any luck yet? Got my food order today and I tried her on this http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/smilla/209126 just for a bit of a change, opened the plain tuna one and if I had had my eyes shut I would have thought it was a tin of human tuna, smells exactly like it. My usually fussy cat has wolfed down a bowl and a half of it so far since lunchtime despite also getting a feed of raw chicken this morning.

• Advertisement

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Any luck yet? Got my food order today and I tried her on this http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/smilla/209126 just for a bit of a change, opened the plain tuna one and if I had had my eyes shut I would have thought it was a tin of human tuna, smells exactly like it. My usually fussy cat has wolfed down a bowl and a half of it so far since lunchtime despite also getting a feed of raw chicken this morning.

Not even a sniff lol :D wait til pay day try something else good news is the other cat won't entertain Whiskas now he's too posh for that with his fancy new food :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Email some of the cat food companies or distributors and see if you can get some free samples. You never know your luck (has worked for me before).

Email some of the cat food companies or distributors and see if you can get some free samples. You never know your luck (has worked for me before).

Not a bad idea :) sure he's so fussy sometimes havta hand feed him jus so he'll eat something and if he does decide to eat from a bowl it's only if it's on my bed (most unhygienic) but yet he goes around eating random bits of crap he finds on the floor CATS R WEIRD :D

Not a bad idea :) sure he's so fussy sometimes havta hand feed him jus so he'll eat something and if he does decide to eat from a bowl it's only if it's on my bed (most unhygienic) but yet he goes around eating random bits of crap he finds on the floor CATS R WEIRD :D

Crazy idea but put the new cat food all around the floor? :D If he thinks he's not supposed to eat it then maybe he'l eat it? :confused:

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Crazy idea but put the new cat food all around the floor? :D If he thinks he's not supposed to eat it then maybe he'l eat it? :confused:

Tried that but the FAT cat lol ate it :D sure am like a mad woman trying feed him running out d door at 7am in d morning throwing food around the place so he eat it while trying to distract the other one so he won't eat it defo gonna try again once pay day comes on a weekend so can hav time to do it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

mine like constant variety - if you stock up on something you can be sure they'll go off it soon:mad:

Advertisement