Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is she in labour?

Options
  • 08-01-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

My wife is due today. She's been getting really bad back pain since last night, with the odd cramp to the front. She can feel her stomach tightening but its not sore. This is our first and we're really unsure whether she is in labour or not. She lost the mucus plug at 12 last night.

Very confused (and anxious father!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Can she talk/walk when she gets the pain? If she can, she's not in proper labour... But if you're worried you can always pop to the hospital to be checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Sounds like it!! The back pain will continue to get stronger and more frequent,when that happens she should go to her hospital,
    best of luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

January wrote: »
    Can she talk/walk when she gets the pain? If she can, she's not in proper labour... But if you're worried you can always pop to the hospital to be checked out.

Sometimes, most of the time she cant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Sounds like it!! The back pain will continue to get stronger and more frequent,when that happens she should go to her hospital,
    best of luck !

Yeah they seem to be getting stronger but we dont want to get our hopes up either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I'd give the midwife in the hospital a ring if your not sure. They are happy to take calls like that when your not sure. Good Luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

+1 on giving the hospital a ring. Sounds like things are on the move for ye! Best of luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

Mucus plug ? What's that ? Where did she lose it ? Ask her to try an remember where she had it last. I'm losing stuff all the time too. Check all your coats, under cushions, maybe the car, just check everywhere ! These things usually are always in the last place you would expect !

I'm sorry, I'm only joking kind Sir. I just googled it there. Best of good luck to you and your wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hi folks,

My wife is due today. She's been getting really bad back pain since last night, with the odd cramp to the front. She can feel her stomach tightening but its not sore. This is our first and we're really unsure whether she is in labour or not. She lost the mucus plug at 12 last night.

Very confused (and anxious father!!)

All the very best of luck - hope mum and baby doing well and in good health!

Advertisement