Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can you get firmware updates for ford/sony radios ?

Options
  • 08-01-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

I've a Sony radio in my Ford SMAX, and I get intermittent bluetooth problems with Android devices.

Is there any way I could get a firmware update for it & install it myself ? Seems odd that there is little mentioned of it online, given TVs etc. all get firmware updates...

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Thread moved

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Possibly yea, I'd google for the model and see if theres anything?

I've updated the maps and f/w on a built in gps, multifuction car radio before. For it, the new f/w came as a CD image, that I burned and popped in the player. The player detected it was a f/w update disk, and took care of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

The Ford Connectivity site has details on updating the audio/bluetooth firmware if your car has a USB socket installed - not all do, although it is possible to retrofit one.

Details here:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dont they usually update firmware for the car,radio etc. during a service?

Advertisement