Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog poop right outside my gate - always!

Options
  • 08-01-2012 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I live in a city area where picking up after your dog is not the norm. In fact, it's so abnormal I've never seen anyone do it. I've even had a guy let his dog into my garden on a long leash while I was there, gardening, to allow the dog poop on my lawn! :eek:

Anyway, the spot outside my gate seems to have become the neighbourhood dog toilet. My garden gate is usually closed, so they can't get in unless they are tiny. But the minute I step outside, I'm stepping into it. It's just annoying. There are 3 adults living in the house, so it's not like I have small kids - but I'm the only one who cleans up and I'm getting totally fed up.

Is there anything that would discourage dogs from this particular stretch of concrete? :( Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Hi all

I live in a city area where picking up after your dog is not the norm. In fact, it's so abnormal I've never seen anyone do it. I've even had a guy let his dog into my garden on a long leash while I was there, gardening, to allow the dog poop on my lawn! :eek:

Anyway, the spot outside my gate seems to have become the neighbourhood dog toilet. My garden gate is usually closed, so they can't get in unless they are tiny. But the minute I step outside, I'm stepping into it. It's just annoying. There are 3 adults living in the house, so it's not like I have small kids - but I'm the only one who cleans up and I'm getting totally fed up.

Is there anything that would discourage dogs from this particular stretch of concrete? :( Thanks!

Pepper. Lots of it. Everywhere. If they can get away with leaving a pile of ****e on the footpath, you can do they same with a ton of pepper. Dogs hate pepper.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Put up a sign stating that offenders not cleaning up after their dog will be reported to the dog warden. Did you not ask the person in your garden what on earth they though they were playing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Vince32

The next time you see someone allowing their dog to poop outside your house, go out with a plastic bag and ask the owner to pick it up, and tell them that your entry way isn't a toilet.

People like this are completely out of line, if they refuse, call the warden and have them slapped with a fine.

I keep a roll of sandwich bags in my jacket pocket to pick up any messes my dog might make, a nasty task to be sure, but owning a dog isn't all sunshine :P

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

I have a problem in my tiny front garden, I just have loose pebbles, no grass, and bleach seems to work for me, I squirt in on the stones every week, and it is keeping the dogs off. Dont put it on grass or plants, it will kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭aisher

Wash down with jeyes fluid - cleans up great and will get rid of the odour which is attracting the dogs to this spot in the first place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement