Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HELP Renault Megane Coupe DCI-STOLEN THIS MORNING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

babesie wrote: »
    Hi,

Our white Renault Megane Coupe was stolen this morning in a violent manner, near Cabinteely, Co Dublin.

Reg: 10 C 12886

If anyone comes across any information please phone the Gardai in Cabinteely ph: 01 666 5400

See link below for similar looking car.

Thank You.

http://www.utvdrive.co.uk/fs/img/stock/3661/rs-597x448/renault-megane-197062.jpg

Sorry to hear. Will keep an eye out for you.

Was it actually taken from you as opposed to being broken into and taken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 babesie

Broken into and taken, from our driveway. We disturbed them and did our utmost in an extremely volatile situation to prevent the car from bring taken but to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,407 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Did they take it without having the key?

No they actually broken in through a front window, they had cut all the power to our security lights (The keys were in a drawer). There was another car in the driveway and they kept on reversing literally taking the end of the other car off and drove through a pillar to get out onto the road. The other 'scumbag' had a sledge hammer, my father was grappling with him, I literally flung myself on the bonnet to try and stop them but they wanted that car and nothing was going to stand in their way. The Gardai have been fantastic in our dealings with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

sorry to hear. will definitely keep a look out

• Advertisement
    M

Frightening stuff, will keep an eye out for it. Worst thing about modern cars is thieves attack your home for the keys as the vast majority of them don't have the capability to steal them any other way.

Do you think there will be a couple of marks on it from the way they took it out of the driveway? Might help it be spotted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭✭heate

IM'd you there - may be a link may not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

Really sorry to hear that, cant imagine how I would react if I was in the same situation.

We really need a law like the one in the US where that woman shot her burglar.

Absolutely, the handle from the passenger door was pulled off, the driver's wing mirror was hanging off ( I was hanging off it at one point) and the rear of both the right and left hand side will be damaged from where they reversed into the other black car in the driveway and also reversing through and knocking down a pillar.

M

Bobo78 wrote: »
    We really need a law like the one in the US where that woman shot her burglar.

Or a new law where the thief has their right foot amputated on conviction for car theft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

There's a lot to be said for having a house alarm and setting it as you go to bed. You cannot possibly imagine the amount of people who think "sure Im here why set it"

Sorry to hear your story OP.

Set your house alarms people !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

Or that one, doesnt really matter as long as... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Sorry to hear the OP but...........

..........Surely you'd have been better off and much, much safer just giving them the keys? I understand that it's your pride and joy, but any car isn't worth your health or even your life.

Your car is insured for exactly this reason, no point in dying over it IMO.

I'll be driving the length of the N11 to Dundrum tonight so I'll keep my eyes open. I'd imagine it's parked up somewhere out of sight now, given the damage that would make it easy to indentify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

OP, next time just give 'em the keys. Better to file an car insurance claim than a life insurance claim...

Advertisement