Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you want a free dog walker in Dublin 4?!

Options
  • 08-01-2012 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I would love to do something nice for someone this year..
    I walk all the time and could take someones pooch out for a long walk at least 4-6 times per week gratis :)

I live in Dublin 4 and Sandymount beach is only around the corner from me.

I have lots of experience with dogs.. big.. small.. crazy.. quiet!

Message me if you like. Or if you know an elderly/disabled person who would appreciate my help, hit me up.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭suzzi

fair play to you rustyzip....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

Lovely kind offer, just make sure you take out insurance first or have a liabilty contract....not trying to scare you but there are so many variables out there you want to be safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

Thats a lovely idea - lots of karma coming your way ;-)

Maybe put an ad up in the local shops - it'd be a great thing to do for an elderly person that can't get out as much - and it might give them a bit of company too...

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Thanks guys, have an add I must pop up! Hopefully it will help someone out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 casjem

Rustyzip I'm sorry for being negative here as I'm sure you've the best of intentions but please ppl do not give your dog to a complete stranger to walk. You wouldn't do it with your children so don't do it with your pets.

Pro dog walkers also have insurance, references, experience and most have canine first aid.

Only trust your pets in the hands of those you know or have extensively researched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

casjem wrote: »
    Rustyzip I'm sorry for being negative here as I'm sure you've the best of intentions but please ppl do not give your dog to a complete stranger to walk. You wouldn't do it with your children so don't do it with your pets.

Pro dog walkers also have insurance, references, experience and most have canine first aid.

Only trust your pets in the hands of those you know or have extensively researched.

I love how you only joined today and the only three messages you've posted are about dog walking, two to rustyzip! The OP is doing an awesome thing.. Get over yourself! I'm sure the owner isn't just going to hand he/she the lead of the dog and say off you go!! You're a nasty spiteful person.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

I think you're great and I only wish there were more people like you!

My mother in law lives in Sligo and would adore to have someone like you pop around and take her terrier for a walk a few times a week!

I hope good karma comes your way :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

FYI, I have lots of experience with animals.
    I spent on average ten hours a week (unpaid) in our local kennels helping out from 5th class to 6th year.. I have a garda clearance check as I volunteer with kids too. I have had lots of pets and have lived with a dog for most of my life..

Really sad that someone would register an account just to leave negative comments :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭emmetmurphy

Thanks Dustyclip great idea, can you collect from naas ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 casjem

As a volunteer at kennels I'm sure you then understand the dangers dogs are in every day from being stolen, used for breeding, bait dogs etc so apologies if you're offended but i stand by my original post.

Fantastic you're looking to help ppl out and acts of kindness should be commended but for me, as a responsible dog owner who also works weekly for two dublin based dog rescues I wouldnt advise handing your dog over to anyone professional or otherwise who didnt have references, insurance, experience and canine first aid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

suntottie wrote: »
    I love how you only joined today and the only three messages you've posted are about dog walking, two to rustyzip! The OP is doing an awesome thing.. Get over yourself! I'm sure the owner isn't just going to hand he/she the lead of the dog and say off you go!! You're a nasty spiteful person.

suntottie - if you have an issue with a post use the report post function - do not backseat moderate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

rustyzip wrote: »
    I would love to do something nice for someone this year..
    I walk all the time and could take someones pooch out for a long walk at least 4-6 times per week gratis :)

I live in Dublin 4 and Sandymount beach is only around the corner from me.

I have lots of experience with dogs.. big.. small.. crazy.. quiet!

Message me if you like. Or if you know an elderly/disabled person who would appreciate my help, hit me up.

Cheers :)

A lovely gesture. Well done.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I would highly recommend getting insurance for this unless you are going to stick to walking dogs in a rescue. The reason being that when a dog is in your care you could be liable for anything that happens during that time. You can have all the experience in the world but if a dog is attacked by a loose dog when you are walking it this could turn into a lot of hassel for you when 'fluffy' arrives home with bite marks etc. The difference with rescues is that they will have their own insurance for public liability and they 'own' the dogs.

Advertisement