Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacement part for Parisi Nahm toilet seat

Options
  • 08-01-2012 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi. I have a "Parisi Nahm" toilet with a soft-close seat. Recently, the soft-closing stopped working. I took it apart and discovered a little plastic widget had snapped. I've tried super-gluing it and taping it back together but neither solution worked. I'm wondering how I'd go about getting a replacement part. I've gone back to the suppliers but they say they don't stock this make anymore and they, to be frank, are useless to deal with.

I'd prefer to get a replacement widget rather than a replacement seat. Any suggestions? Thanks.

TOILET SEAT 1.jpg

TOILET SEAT 2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

That just looks like a standard seat. Why dont you draw a template of the seat and bring it along to a shop to try get a replacement.

Its hard to tell from the picture but it does not look like a back to wall toilet. Did you access the hindges at the back of the toilet....

Just for the record you are highliting a problem thats going to become mre of an issue. A lot of suppliers brought in none branded toilets from china during the boom made astro miney on selling them and now have no back up service.

I have written to verious ministers that there should be a law change to allow for something simular where appliences have to have parts available for so many years. If i had held my breath i would be dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭iwb

LinoRichie, did you get sorted? I want to find replacement hinges for a Parisi Nahm seat too.

Advertisement