Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to purchase CrossBows?

Options
  • 08-01-2012 1:05am

Hi there,

For a filming project (Which I started a thread on earlier in relation to filming)

I was wondering where can I purchase a cross bow / pistol crossbow in Ireland either online or offline? Since it will be used for filming where can you get plastic or foam or non destructive shooting arrows like a foam arrow etc along with a real arrow for non action shots?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Hi there,

Unfortunately, as crossbows come under the firearms act, you can't get one legally without a firearms licence. This is regardless of the type of ammo being shot from it.

The competition crossbows that are sometimes shot in Ireland (look up CCNE for info if you wish) are huge and bulky - probably not for moviemaking.

Sorry can't be more help, unfortunately due to the legislation on the equipment it will be quite difficult to get one.

P

Advertisement