Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2013 Mondeo pics

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Autocar...home of photoshop!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Looks like a screenshot from a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

Mondeo: the most over-rated bag of **** car of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Autocar...home of photoshop!

That's AutoExpress. If Autocar photoshop they generally highlight the fact. It's on other websites as well and apparently was part of a Ford app downloaded by journos.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/53219/2013-ford-mondeo-sneaks-out-of-ipad-app-ahead-of-detroit-debut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

No, that's predicted to be the 2013 Ford Fusion (US).

I've heard nothing about Ford producing the European Mondeo as the Fusion in the US market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Looks a bit like the Jag XF from the front!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

pajo1981 wrote: »

Bit unfair that. Streets ahead of a Passat and Avensis to drive, and I'd have a 2.0TDCi 140 Titanium all day long over a 2.0TDi Passat Highline too.

No, that's predicted to be the 2013 Ford Fusion (US).

I've heard nothing about Ford producing the European Mondeo as the Fusion in the US market.

Well the new Focus is pretty much the same in Euro/Us with minor changes. They're trying the 'world car' concept for more efficiencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

pburns wrote: »
    Well the new Focus is pretty much the same in Euro/Us with minor changes. They're trying the 'world car' concept for more efficiencies.

Yeah and they've neutered the ST's looks. Tis a terrible shame. :(

They're official pics, NOT photoshop:
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/260771/

It's a 'world car' like latest Focus apparantly...

Longer but a bit but narrower at the back. A Ford salesman I spoke to a while ago told me there was some resistence to the bulk of the current car amongst traditional Mondeo drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

More photos today:

[URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_489238_25.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_489196_25.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_488974_25.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭The Tyre Dude

When you strip away all the top of the range features you have what amounts to a very bland, bulbous car. Can you picture it on 16", steel rims?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

That interior is incredible. I know most of that will be optional, but Ford have invested heavily in graphically driven displays. I don't like the rear of the car, the rear wheel looks tiny under that enormous quarter panel and behind that ridiculously huge bumper. I just hope the interior feels plush and doesn't just look plush in photos, nothing worse than cheap plastic switches.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

Clearly there is a saving to be made by fitting the entire front of the Peugeot 508 rather than just the HDi engine! It is very similar in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I thought the interior looked well.... US spec. The materials don't look that good to be honest.

I hope the Euro ones have a nicer feeling interior. I am disappointed that it isn't shorter, when you think about it a Focus is about the size of the original Mondeo!

Anyway as long as it drives well and is as reliable as the current model it will be the best car in the class, just like the current one, and all its predecessors have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Me likey lots!!

Was thinking about changing this year. Now, i think i'll wait....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Bit of Lancer in the front quarter

I wonder what the chances are of getting a 4L I6 in it over here:confused::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

LOVE IT!! very aston martin at the front!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

Bit of Lancer in the front quarter

I wonder what the chances are of getting a 4L I6 in it over here:confused::rolleyes:

or even the 3L V6 from the MK3 ST

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Looks very similar to the pug 408, not liking the way things are going with car design atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

When you strip away all the top of the range features you have what amounts to a very bland, bulbous car. Can you picture it on 16", steel rims?

Can that not be said about most cars though...

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭johnf2020

Actually it looks like the Grill from a 1960's Mini!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

bazz26 wrote: »
    More photos today:

car_photo_489238_25.jpg
    car_photo_489196_25.jpg
    car_photo_488974_25.jpg

That looks fantastic
    Have ford released the price of the flywheels for this baby yet ??? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Bit unfair that. Streets ahead of a Passat and Avensis to drive, and I'd have a 2.0TDCi 140 Titanium all day long over a 2.0TDi Passat Highline too.

I had a mondeo 2.0tdci until last october, had it for 2 years as a company car, i did 27,000 miles on it. thank god they replaced it for me:D, its as rough as a bears arse, roads noise is unbearable, and a pig to drive. i now have an avensis 2.0, may look boring, but its seem so much better built, soild and comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I had a mondeo 2.0tdci until last october, had it for 2 years as a company car, i did 27,000 miles on it. thank god they replaced it for me:D, its as rough as a bears arse, roads noise is unbearable, and a pig to drive. i now have an avensis 2.0, may look boring, but its seem so much better built, soild and comfortable.

Oh holy god !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Oh holy god !
    your a ford man so!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

pajo1981 wrote: »

Driven one for years and years never had an issue must say I think they are a fine car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

okane1 wrote: »
    or even the 3L V6 from the MK3 ST

Where did you get this from?

The MK3 ST is going to have the 2L EcoBoost engine as far as Im aware. Even the ST-R is going to have the 2L engine...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I was gonna start a thread :D. More pics here:

http://www.talkford.com/topic/192738-ford-mondeo-mk5-official-photos-first-look/

It looks very well. I like the lines, very jag/aston esque :).

Advertisement