Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Conquest Game

Options
  • 07-01-2012 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

I played this game a few years back, but forgot the name of it.

Its a Eurasian/North African conquest game beginning back around 700AD where you begin with a small kingdom and the objective is to expand your empire across the European provinces - e.g. you could start out as the Kingdom of Leinster or Munster, and then once you had all of Ireland under your control you could reform to the Irish Empire - the other thing was you appointed dukes to help you run things and arranged marraiges and stuff, and you could upgrade your largest cities, giving them extra fortifications and defenses, better buildings to improve their efficiency etc.

It also had some historically accurate stuff - like civil wars occuring and factions splitting into seperate countries - was a cracking game - can't remember what it was called.

Last I played it I had the Kingdom of Ireland stretching from Connacht in the west down to Poland, Turkey and Sardinia!

Any ideas what I'm babbling on about?

EDIT: It was definitely a standalone game - not an add on or expansion. Came off a disc, not downloaded. Also, you could raise your armies in your town, based on what upgrades you had and could watch them move across the continent, they would have to enter friendly cities regularly to refill their rations. (REALLY WANT TO PLAY IT AGAIN!!) :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 TheSheepz

Was it Crusader Kings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Yeah, thats the one - I see they have a sequel also and they also produced victoria and hearts of iron... thanks!

hmmm....

Tried that game - turns out its not the one I was looking for - very very similar tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Just a guess, as I haven't played any of them, but might it be one of the Europa Universalis series?

Just a guess, as I haven't played any of them, but might it be one of the Europa Universalis series?

No... Again - I google it there, seems to be quite similar, but not it.

So annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭portumnadaz

i think i know the game, ill check it out tomorrow i have it on my ex hd.

i think i know the game, ill check it out tomorrow i have it on my ex hd.

Cool... Let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Medieval Total War?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Medieval Total War?
    Off the top of my head, MTW starts around 1080, whereas the OP's game was a few centuries earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 TheSheepz

I think he is looking for a grand strategy game too by the sound of it, rather than a Total War game.

Paradox Interactive is responsible for most grand strategy games, so you might find the one you are looking for here: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Was it Great Invasions made by Ageod, fits the Dark Ages time period

http://shopus.ageod.com/images/products/ageodst/GreatInvasions_ss05.jpg

Advertisement