Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

barber shop- where to set up

Options
  • 07-01-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

hi everyone. im looking at opening my first barber shop in or around dublin or meath. anyone any tips starting off. ie good locations etc etc. much appreciated. jim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Hi Jim,

It might seem obvious but i would imagine the first thing would be to scout areas/towns that are not already saturated with barbers. in Greystones for instance there used to be only one barbers in operation for a period of years, there is now 4 at last count :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jim1989

thanks pablo. very good advice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Also look at the footfall going past the shop... Sit for a while outside the premises and watch how many people going past... If its a male barbers I imagine convenience and chance will be how you will be getting a lot of your customers initially.

I know it sounds obvious but its something that a friend recently ignored in setting up a retail outlet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

Confey Leixlip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dixie365

are you a barber or are you going to someone to run it

• Advertisement
Advertisement