Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back surgery

Options
  • 07-01-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hello every1 I injured my back last august lifting weights I went to doc an he told me I prob jus pulled a muscle another month later and after a lot of physio I went back and demanded to have an MRI scan done. I have l5 s1 disc out and the disc is torn I rely on my back for my career an I am be,ry worried to go for surgery. I live in Galway and saw orthopaedic consultant mr McCabe who was good an told me he would take a small part of my disc out, I am worried I could be in worse pain after surgery, has any1 had this surgery before? I am only 24 an dnt wana be left crippled

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lar203

i had my disc repaired by a mr young in the hermitage nov 17 2010 . i was in pain for ten years one hour under the knife and brand new .
    i was terrified going in but i'd recommend it get your live back mate

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Darragh11

Thanks I was actually due to meet dr young next tues but had to cancel because of work but will mak anotha appointment,thanks for replyn jus 1 las thing did it take u long to recover?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

op I'll move this to lti where you'll get more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

edit- duplicate thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement