Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Bank account charged ROI stamp duty

Options
  • 07-01-2012 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

i have a northern bank account as i work in the north but i reside in the south i just noticed i got charged the €5 card stamp duty on my northern card, how are they allowed to charge roi duty on a foreign bank account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

deaglan169 wrote: »
    but i reside in the south
    Possibly this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

From the Revenue

What if my Financial Institution is located outside the country?
    You are still liable for stamp duty. All cards regardless of the location of the issuer are liable if the cardholder has an address in the State.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

great they really have us over a barrel:mad: thanks anyway far as i know i not liable for the uk stamp duty so kinda evens out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

deaglan169 wrote: »
    great they really have us over a barrel:mad:

? You live in Ireland, what do you expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭almalahide

I have a NI Current account got charged £2.09 beats the Euro5 for my IE one. Out of interest do Credit cards and current accounts have any Gov duty in UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

i got charged £4.20 i assume credit cards fall under same thing

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

almalahide wrote: »
    I have a NI Current account got charged £2.09 beats the Euro5 for my IE one. Out of interest do Credit cards and current accounts have any Gov duty in UK?
    If you've only used your card at ATM's, or only used your card as a Debit card, the GSD is €2.50

Advertisement