Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solution for streaming video over network to TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

euser1984 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I currently have an Iomega iConnect Wireless Data Station http://www.amazon.co.uk/Iomega-iConnect-Wireless-Data-Station/dp/B00358V5IK/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1325960720&sr=1-1

This connected into my wireless N router so I can access files off my 1TB usb 2.0 drive over the network. I have movies saved here aswell that I would like to watch on the TV. Currently with have an SD TV - Can someone point me as what kind of solution I could implement to get this to work with a view to getting a HD TV down the line.

Thanks very much.

IOMEGA BOXEE or WTV LIVE

Or a network media player ( with wifi )

Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭PureBred

Buy a tv that has a usb port and playz divx,mov etc files.

You will not need to use the Wireless Data Station at all then. You can browse movies on your usb drive using the remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

ricfeen wrote: »
    Buy a tv that has a usb port and playz divx,mov etc files.

You will not need to use the Wireless Data Station at all then. You can browse movies on your usb drive using the remote.

yes, but they only hold so much, 16Gb for example.
    Much better to get a something with more space

Advertisement