Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP PLEASE

Options
  • 07-01-2012 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

can anyone tell me if i was to do the vet nursing course in st johns would i still be able to get a job or would an employer in Ireland or even in Australia look for better qualifications?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

I can't comment on the situation in Australia but in Ireland the course at St. Johns is fully accredited by the VCI (along with those in UCD, AIT, DkIT and LyIT).

Graduates of these 5 courses are all able to register with the VCI after graduation and work as veterinary nurses in Ireland.

In my opinion the college you graduate from is less of an issue for a veterinary employer. Once you are on the register as a vet nurse it's things like experience, enthusiasm and commitment that are far more likely to be the deciding factors in getting a job offer than the college you graduated from.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 glamorousdeli

I can't comment on the situation in Australia but in Ireland the course at St. Johns is fully accredited by the VCI (along with those in UCD, AIT, DkIT and LyIT).

Graduates of these 5 courses are all able to register with the VCI after graduation and work as veterinary nurses in Ireland.

In my opinion the college you graduate from is less of an issue for a veterinary employer. Once you are on the register as a vet nurse it's things like experience, enthusiasm and commitment that are far more likely to be the deciding factors in getting a job offer than the college you graduated from.

thank u for helping me it really help me :) xx

Advertisement