Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid treatment ,tax back for last year.

Options
  • 07-01-2012 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hello ,last year I had root canal treatment on a rear morlar and just before christmas I had two more root canal treatments. I think so far I've spent about 1600 euro and was wondering how do I claim back any tax ?
    I'm employed and payed tax up to date ,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lexa

Wheely GR8 wrote: »
    Hello ,last year I had root canal treatment on a rear morlar and just before christmas I had two more root canal treatments. I think so far I've spent about 1600 euro and was wondering how do I claim back any tax ?
    I'm employed and payed tax up to date ,
    Thanks.

First get the dentist who carried out the treatment to complete a med 2 form. Then you can make a claim to revenue. The easiest way of doing this is online using paye anytime on revenue's website. Alternatively you can claim by filling out med 1 form and posting to revenue. You do not need to submit the med 2 form or any receipts but you do need to retain it for 5 years. Check www.revenue.ie for more information.

Advertisement