Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bikes gone in Brookfield

Options
  • 07-01-2012 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what hapened to the bikes that have disappeared in Brookfield?

Just saw my bike is gone, along with the others, from under the stairs in my block.
    Only then I noticed the faded and not obvious sign saying they would be removed if they were put there. They have irrelevant signs all ovber the walls there so you just ignore them really. It appeared to be clearly the place to leave your bike as that was where all the bikes were.
    Now only the ones locked to the stairs or other fixtures remain.
    The door to the block had also been left open because the card reader was broken. [I know this because I was locked out]. So theft is also a possibility...though it seems to me that if it was theft they would have only taken one or two of the most expensive looking ones and not all of them.

If it was the management and they did move your bike I suggest you make it pretty clear this sort of thing isn't ok. If they removed the bikes in such a way that they can't immediately return them I suggest you demand they pay for a new one, because there's no way that a barely visible piece of paper is enough to let them do that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

There was a sign there saying that they would be removed? I fail to see the problem here, if indeed it was the management that removed them. Signs are hardly irrelevant either, they wouldn't be there otherwise. How about you go ask the management about it?

I'd have thought the logical place to put your bike would be in the hall in the apartments. They've enough space for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Why do you post just to make some lame retarded attack when you haev nothing helpful to say?

It's saturday - the management aren't around.

If there are lots of biikes in one place and no apparent sign sayign they shouldnt be there, then that's where people assume bikes are supposed to be. Like I said I only found it after I looked around wondering wtf was goign on.

It's not ok for people to take your stuff for no reason you know about.

Wow all the ****tards are online today.

Why do you post just to make some lame retarded attack when you haev nothing helpful to say?

It's saturday - the management aren't around.

If there are lots of biikes in one place and no apparent sign sayign they shouldnt be there, then that's where people assume bikes are supposed to be. Like I said I only found it after I looked around wondering wtf was goign on.

It's not ok for people to take your stuff for no reason you know about.

Wow all the ****tards are online today.

I'm not attacking you :confused:

Didn't you say in the first post that there were signs?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,472 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Does anyone know what hapened to the bikes that have disappeared in Brookfield?

Just saw my bike is gone, along with the others, from under the stairs in my block.
    Only then I noticed the faded and not obvious sign saying they would be removed if they were put there. They have irrelevant signs all ovber the walls there so you just ignore them really. It appeared to be clearly the place to leave your bike as that was where all the bikes were.
    Now only the ones locked to the stairs or other fixtures remain.
    The door to the block had also been left open because the card reader was broken. [I know this because I was locked out]. So theft is also a possibility...though it seems to me that if it was theft they would have only taken one or two of the most expensive looking ones and not all of them.

If it was the management and they did move your bike I suggest you make it pretty clear this sort of thing isn't ok. If they removed the bikes in such a way that they can't immediately return them I suggest you demand they pay for a new one, because there's no way that a barely visible piece of paper is enough to let them do that.

I highlight the most relevant parts of your post.
    Things to do:
    Contact the management company if they took them, talk nicely to them and get it back. Dont ignore signs in future (an important lesson for life and probably more important than anything you'll learn in any course in the college) If the didnt take the bikes call the guards and pray youll get the bike back.
    You're post in response to the helpful advise from the previous poster wasnt called for.

Pretty simples really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭nyan warrior

Lads its Limerick city The gangs are probably doin cycle-bys right now with em

• Advertisement

I didn't ignore the sign. I didn't see it because it was not at all obvious.
    What was obvious was all the bikes there. There presence made it very reasonable to take it that this was the place to leave your bike. I only saw the sign at all when I saw that all the bikes were gone and I specifically looked for something like that.

I didn't ignore the sign. I didn't see it because it was not at all obvious.
    What was obvious was all the bikes there. There presence made it very reasonable to take it that this was the place to leave your bike. I only saw the sign at all when I saw that all the bikes were gone and I specifically looked for something like that.
    Would it not have been slightly smarter to look for the sign BEFORE putting your bike there?
    Did you contact the management agents?

Went down anyways. Turned out they had just been put into an empty apartment because the main door on the block was broken. My one had acquired a puncture at some point is the only thing really, but I've no way of knowing that didn't happen before it was moved so I'll leave that.

Theys aid there's no problem with leaving the bokes there incidentally.

edit: just saw the last response. Wow I really dont get you people. Not a single constructive response. Just pointless bs "you deserve it if your bike is gone" stuff. Another forum not to bother looking at I guess.

Went down anyways. Turned out they had just been put into an empty apartment because the main door on the block was broken. My one had acquired a puncture at some point is the only thing really, but I've no way of knowing that didn't happen before it was moved so I'll leave that.

Theys aid there's no problem with leaving the bokes there incidentally.

edit: just saw the last response. Wow I really dont get you people. Not a single constructive response. Just pointless bs "you deserve it if your bike is gone" stuff. Another forum not to bother looking at I guess.

What exactly were you looking for re "constructive response"
    You were advised to contact the management company on a number of posts - thats what you did and ultimately thats what got the issue resolved.
    I really don't get you tbh.

I asked "Does anyone know what hapened to the bikes that have disappeared in Brookfield?"

Nobody answered that - just made retarded comments and attacks: particularly annoying in a thread asking for information about missing [apparently destroyed or stolen] property.
    Of course I'd talk to the management about it ffs. Anyway going to leave off posting further.

• Advertisement

You'll be sorely missed.

I asked "Does anyone know what hapened to the bikes that have disappeared in Brookfield?"

Nobody answered that - just made retarded comments and attacks: particularly annoying in a thread asking for information about missing [apparently destroyed or stolen] property.
    Of course I'd talk to the management about it ffs. Anyway going to leave off posting further.

Haha. Good luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭brucechan

irrelevant signs all over the walls so you just ignore them....

See where that got you. Not so irrelevant now....

You asked a question, then followed it up with some extra commentary.
    We answered the question (we didnt know what happened them but it's pretty easy to find out)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I think what Sidblatantrereg was looking for was someone to tell him what he already suspected, and is now using personal abuse such as "all the ****tards are online today", etc, to garner a flame war.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I think what Sidblatantrereg was looking for was someone to tell him what he already suspected, and is now using personal abuse such as "all the ****tards are online today", etc, to garner a flame war.
    Flame wars....... mmmmmm, it's been a while but BRING IT ON BEATCH! ;)

Sorry, that was very juvenile, it has actually been a while.
    Anyway, I am glad that the OP has brought this sorry episode to a satisfactory conclusion, with or without the kind people of boards' assistance.

Advertisement