Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Driving Test ??????

• 06-01-2012 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi. I got my Learner permit on the 7 of September 2011 and obviously i did them 12 EDT lessons and as it says 'wait six monyhs from date of learner permit to sit driving test'. I applied today online and all they had was dates in February. :mad: No available dates what so ever in March/April, maybe thay had been used up but I payed on credit card already and applied.

My question is does/ will this effect me on the day of my driving test (because i picked an earlier date, which wasn't 6 months after date of learner permit??) :confused: Any replies asap will be great. Thanks. :)

Well, will it affect me on day of test? 1 vote

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    rab!dmonkey 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

If it's your first learner permit you will not be allowed to sit the test until 6 months have passed since the issue date. If you turn up before 6 months they will refuse to do the test. You will have to wait until at least March to do the test. Try other test centers if that's an option and you can't get a date in the center you want or ring them to see why you can't get March/April online.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I got my Learner permit on the 7 of September 2011 and obviously i did them 12 EDT lessons and as it says 'wait six monyhs from date of learner permit to sit driving test'. I applied today online and all they had was dates in February. mad.gif No available dates what so ever in March/April, maybe thay had been used up but I payed on credit card already and applied.

My question is does/ will this effect me on the day of my driving test (because i picked an earlier date, which wasn't 6 months after date of learner permit??) confused.gif Any replies asap will be great. Thanks. smile.gif
    Not 100% sure.

The RSA are really really helpful when you ring their helpline though, so if you do need to change the test they will help you out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Merged posts, please keep questions to one thread only.

Ring the RSA and ask them to defer your test until a later date.

You cannot sit your test until you have had your 1st learner permit for 6 months or more.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You cannot sit your test until you have had your 1st learner permit for 6 months or more.

This 100%.

There is no chancing your arm. The test simply wont be conducted.

Advertisement