Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Dog is Gone

Options
  • 06-01-2012 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

This morning I had to bring my dog to the vet.

I was given two choices,

+Treat him, where his chances of surviving for the same as winning the lotto.
    +Put him to sleep

Had to go for option two, as he was in a lot of pain and it would have been unfair to put him through any more pain for the slimmest of chances that he'd pull through.

I never thought such a situation would have been so hard on me, and my brothers. Broke down into tears, the lot of us.

Just can't believe he is gone, just weird that his not sitting in front of the fire as I watching a little TV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

hey busyliving, Im so sorry to hear about your dog. Its so hard to say goodbye to a loved pet. Just try to remember that your dog had a good life with you and that he enriched your lives. We only get to borrow pets, but they live on in our memory and continue to bring us joy for many years after they are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭suzzi

i'm so sorry for your loss b/living....my heart goes out to you and your brothers - to lose your friend is such a sad day. i'm thinking of you and i send you my kind regards, x

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

ah that's awful news, so sorry for you and your family xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

That's just terrible; I'm So sorry. At least you didn't let your dog suffer more so you could spend more time with it; you did a really difficult but generous last thing for your pet. Very sorry for your loss. No doubt he's in dog heaven chasing rabbits.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,641 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

You took the right option - he was one of the lucky ones that had an owner that looked after him well:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement