Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uPVC(white) Fascia, soffit and guttering price.

Options
  • 06-01-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. Ive read through loads of threads here and elsewhere and cant find the answer i want.
    I am looking to get Fascia, soffit and guttering done on my house in a standard white upvc. It is a semi-detached house in Tallaght, the front and back measure 5400mm in length each and the gable end has a total length of 13 meters. the timber currently there is rotting and will need replacing aswell.
    I have got quotes ranging from 700euros to 1550euros which is a big price swing for the same stuff. how can this be? I know there are cowboys doing it for cheap and doing a half assed job, also people working and claiming dole etc, but with with such a price swing its hard to tell if im getting a good quote, being ripped off or hiring a cowboy!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

trevfitz wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. Ive read through loads of threads here and elsewhere and cant find the answer i want.
    I am looking to get Fascia, soffit and guttering done on my house in a standard white upvc. It is a semi-detached house in Tallaght, the front and back measure 5400mm in length each and the gable end has a total length of 13 meters. the timber currently there is rotting and will need replacing aswell.
    I have got quotes ranging from 700euros to 1550euros which is a big price swing for the same stuff. how can this be? I know there are cowboys doing it for cheap and doing a half assed job, also people working and claiming dole etc, but with with such a price swing its hard to tell if im getting a good quote, being ripped off or hiring a cowboy!

€1550 is way way too much. €700 sounds about right to remove the existing and put up a standard uPVC fascia soffit and gutter.

get other quotes to put your mind at ease.

Advertisement