Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hills Z/D feline?

Options
  • 06-01-2012 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

One of my cats is now on a restricted diet, for suspected mild IBD. The vet has advised Hills ZD feline. I'm slightly dubious about this, as looking at various fora, the feedback on this food is quite poor. But obviously I want Kitty to get better. I've never had a cat on a restricted diet before, so I am wondering what the good low/no allergen alternatives to the ZD are?

My other cat has continued with his usual food(Royal Canin indoor), but if there was something that would suit both of them, then even better, as it is proving tricky to feed them individually. Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Royal Canin Sensitivity Control is great - I had one of my dogs on it for years and she did fantastically (she was switched off it for a totally unrelated reason to the stomach problems). She suffers from flare ups of colitis and it really did the job. There is a feline version of it which I personally haven't used but I would go for RC veterinary diet food over Hills any day (Hills Z/D and Hills I/D really didn't agree with my dog).

Advertisement