Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday is D Day

Options
  • 06-01-2012 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Really want to quit this time.
    Gonna try do it without patches this time.
    Anyone have any advice/tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭largepants

Go for it. I'm only on day 4 and I have to admit it's not easy. But its only a few days out of your life. Already I'm breathing easier, have more money and more determined each day that I'll win this battle if its the last thing I do.

There's a great crew on here who'll give you the support you want. Now go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Don't think of it as quitting. Think of it as starting being a non-smoker instead. Positive thought is very important.

Change some routines. If you smoke at home sit in a different seat. Instead of going out the back garden for 'fresh air' go for a walk out front instead. Get a craving - peel an orange. By the time you're finished the craving will have passed and you can enjoy some Vitamin C.

My Quitlog has fulle details of the trials I went through.

Best of luck with it - it's a rough ride but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Best of luck. Just take it one day at a time and you,ll get there in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Thanks for all your replies.
    I think the main thing this time is I really want to quit. I want to be able to do stuff without the "I'll have a smoke first" or going to a pub and the first thing you think is "where's the smoking area?".
    I'm sick of them ruling my life!
    I'm tired of coughing, of smelling gross - of being broke!
    My boyfriend and I want to get married, start a family, buy a house and that's never going to happen while i smoke. It's 70quid a week I can do so much more with!
    I'll let you know how I get o over the next while! :)

Advertisement