Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikon D4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

specs, shmecs. i'd hate to have to lug either camera around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Paulw wrote: »
    I see Nikon have announced the new D4 model.

Seems that they've slipped behind Canon again in the specs.

Oh yeah, 16.2MP Vs 19.3MP. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Come on Kenny, you know it's all about the pixel count. Nothing else matters. Joe McNally already has the D4. He's blogged about it.
    Nothing bores me more than assholes who claim canon or nikon are better based purely on their own choice of brand.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

d4x will prob top the pixel battle tbh. damn d800 still not announced...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the photojournalist market - which i would suspect is the main target market - won't give two hoots about the difference between 16 and 18MP. they're aiming for magazine, newsprint, and the web.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Wouldn't be bothered about MP count at all.

Both have released the new bodies in time for the Olympics this year. Give the pros time to get their hands on and ready for the summer events.

The main things that would be considered would be fps, ISO, focus points, AF.

Both are now full frame, and the MP wouldn't make much difference between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

As a producer of cr@ppy photographs for many years, I applaud the camera manufacturers (especially Mr. Nikon) continuing efforts to make it easier for me to produce my dross. I also have beautiful saucepans, in which I produce cra@ppy food and a €2k+ TV on which I watch cr@ppy programmes. In my shed, I have “guaranteed-for-life socket sets, torque wrenches, measurement tools, etc., with which I butcher lawn mowers, kettles and bikes.
    I mention all of this so that you will admire me and assume that, in order to own such tools, I must be a multi-talented artist / craftsman of the highest order. I look forward to mortgaging my tools to buy and display the new D4. After all, photographers will look at the D4 dangling from my neck and think “Wow, what a talent” while non-photographers will think “Wow, his camera is engraved with his postcode”.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Didn't anybody spot the :p after my megapixel comment?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

An interesting thing that Nikon have gone for a CF card slot and a XQD slot, considering there are only two XQD cards on the market (both by Sony).

The vast majority of people who buy the Nikon D4/D series and the Canon 1D series are pros who earn from their photography, and would mainly be in the sports/photojournalist area.

But then again ... if you've got the money to spend.... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

D4? Does it come in orange?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

All this D4 talk is so old.

When do the D5 rumours start ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

dakar wrote: »
    All this D4 talk is so old.

When do the D5 rumours start ;)

I hear that Nikon are planning to release a camera called the D5 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

An interesting thing that Nikon have gone for a CF card slot and a XQD slot, considering there are only two XQD cards on the market (both by Sony).

The vast majority of people who buy the Nikon D4/D series and the Canon 1D series are pros who earn from their photography, and would mainly be in the sports/photojournalist area.

Nice and Cheap XQD Data Cards !!!!
    http://techcrunch.com/2012/01/06/sony-xqd-memory-cards/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Rocksie200 wrote: »
    The vast majority of people who buy the Nikon D4/D series and the Canon 1D series are pros who earn from their photography, and would mainly be in the sports/photojournalist area. [image clipped]

I have a strange spammy feeling of deja-vu ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I do a small bit of photojournalism only and I don't touch sports and I own a 1D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I hear that Nikon are planning to release a camera called the D5 :eek:

I picked up a D7 in Hong Kong for peanuts

Advertisement