Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i but a drum belt for a tumble dryer?

Options
  • 06-01-2012 5:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get one? Better option then buying a new one hopefully

Buy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Conboy Electrical New Road. Supplies some used parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I use www.espares.co.uk

For example, I was quoted 48 Euro in town for a handle for a Tumble Dryer and 60 Euro to fit it. I bought it on espares for 9 Pounds and fitted it myself. Takes about 5 days to receive the part. Took me 5 mins to fit it.

Before that I was quoted 45 Euro for a belt (tumble dryer) and 75 Euro to fit it. Bought it on espares for 13 Pounds and again fitted it myself. Took me an hour and a half to fit it.

They also have instructions on how to fit many of the parts they sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Conboy Electrical New Road. Supplies some used parts.

this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Conboy electrical has the part, just need to check the part, came across espares on my first Google trip looks good except the wait for delivery (not that its slow, i just need it asap)

Thanks for both reponses

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eibhlin1106

New to boards.ie and don't know how to post new thread so hoping somebody will read this here. My tumble dryer drum is not moving but motor is fine on it. Took it apart today and the belt is fine but there is a scrape all around the drum as if it is catching on something metal. Also, the drum has moved from its housing and is tilting back about 1 inch. I think its a new shaft kit that I need but does anybody have any advice before I buy a new kit to fit myself. Also, if somebody could tell me how to post a new thread that would be a bonus !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

New to boards? Everything explained:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056232089

Post a thread here, they'll help you
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1044

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭orangebud

the building beside galway bay fm on sandy road always has used washing machine & tumbler dryers hanging around worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tphase

orangebud wrote: »
    the building beside galway bay fm on sandy road always has used washing machine & tumbler dryers hanging around worth a look
    I think that's Conboys too

Advertisement