Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a PRSA be utilised to service a debt?

Options
  • 06-01-2012 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi all, think I know the answer to this but can funds held in a PRSA, be used to pay a debt with a financial institution?
    Basically I have a loan which I cannot service currently, but I have money in a PRSA, it's over three years so I don't think I can withdraw my contributions, just wondering whether there is anyway in extenuating circumstances that the ownership of these funds can be transferred to the financial institution?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Generally 'no', but get in contact with your PRSA management company and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

No. Unless the revenue give you a special dispensation, but im yet to see that happen im afraid.

Advertisement