Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Santa Fe drive shatt replacement

Options
  • 05-01-2012 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Anyone know roughly what it should cost to have the drive shaft on a Santa fe replaced? Have to ring around tomorrow for quotes but would be good to have a ballpark figure
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

lemeister wrote: »
    Anyone know roughly what it should cost to have the drive shaft on a Santa fe replaced? Have to ring around tomorrow for quotes but would be good to have a ballpark figure
    Cheers

You'd need a bit more detail I think, if its 4wd there are 4 drive shafts and a prop shaft. If 2wd there are 2 drive shafts.

What's the problem your having?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

lemeister wrote: »
    Cheers

You'd need a bit more detail I think, if its 4wd there are 4 drive shafts and a prop shaft. If 2wd there are 2 drive shafts.

What's the problem your having?
    It's a 2wd. The bearings are apparently gone - had it in with advanced pitstop today and they said the shaft may also need replacing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭swhyte027

I would imagine its just a cv joint u need changing if there the bearings he's on about .onless he's on about the bearing on the long drive shaft in which case it could possibly be the case that u need a complete shaft and my guess would be if u need the whole shaft it's gona be pritty expensive from a main dealer your cheapest and quickest option would be a second hand drive shaft for say 80e to 100r and around the same for fitting.so just a ball park id quote u 180e to 200e

Advertisement