Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4

Options
  • 05-01-2012 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Just wondering could people share there views on this type of audi a4...Good/Bad points etc .

Full?id=9160820

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,282 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Get one thats not skangered and they should be fairly solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

That's the b6 model. If your going petrol go for the 1.8 turbo, just make sure it has regular oil changes as they suffer a sludge in the sump gauze issue if not done often.

If diesel go for 1.9, not sure if there are others on that model, but bullet proof engine once maintained correctly.

Obviously get the quattro versions if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭trepasers

I was hoping to go 1.9 diesel as im only 20 (doubt 1.8 petrol would go down well with insurance)...currently on a ford focus 1.4 zetec (unbelievable how bad the power is in her:mad: )

• Registered Users Posts: 25 no money mo pro

I just bought one similar (black,S4 kit) to the one pictured. Its a 03 diesel 130 bhp, its great fun to drive,has plenty of torque and is very good on juice. Before this I had a '02 BMW 525d and found that it was expensive to tax and hard to keep under the speed limit.

The only drawback so far is my brother borrowed it 2 weeks ago and still has it!

Great Car

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭trepasers

I just bought one similar (black,S4 kit) to the one pictured. Its a 03 diesel 130 bhp, its great fun to drive,has plenty of torque and is very good on juice. Before this I had a '02 BMW 525d and found that it was expensive to tax and hard to keep under the speed limit.

The only drawback so far is my brother borrowed it 2 weeks ago and still has it!

Great Car

Haha....Mind me asking what age you are and what the insurance is costing.
    Is it 600 your paying for tax.

Have you found any flaws in her yet ??

Best of luck with it !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 no money mo pro

I'm nearly 40 and I have 5 years "no claims" and its costing around €450 to insure, around €600 to tax.

No flaws yet, but stay away from 19" wheels as they tend to get punctured a lot. Mine has 17"s and is really comfortable.

My local mechanic has a 02 diesel with 175k miles on it and he loves it.

Advertisement