Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 407 problems

Options
  • 05-01-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I'ts a 2006 model and I've had it for 2 years.
    In that time the tyre sensors have bust 3 times, had to change headlights 4/5 times, various electronics failing in the car.
    Is this typical Peugeot or did I just buy a dud?
    Time to get rid..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

cdublin wrote: »
    I'ts a 2006 model and I've had it for 2 years.
    In that time the tyre sensors have bust 3 times, had to change headlights 4/5 times, various electronics failing in the car.
    Is this typical Peugeot or did I just buy a dud?
    Time to get rid..

Your problems don't sound major, headlight bulbs, wtf?

But I will say this, driving around, whenever I see a car with obviously faulty electrics, i.e. indicators coming on with brake lights, 9 times out of ten it's a french make, renault in particular, just something I've noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cdublin

Same headlights going though... Elecs telling me the abs brakes are not working!! Tyre sensors constantly on the blink.
    I think I will be saying 'non' to the next french cars that idles past me.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paultronix

you can get your tyre sensors deactivated for good using peugeot planet diagnostics,the abs is probably down to a faulty speed sensor but would have to be diagnosed to confirm where the problem lies and with your bulb issue it might be worth trying a different brand such as hella.
    hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Piri

There is a service news that have to replace one wire in case front H7 bulb blowing off all the time
    Go back and ask them to check Peugeot Service news and replace

For ABS problems: it is mainly wheel speed sensor related

Advertisement