Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remote Locking problem on Avensis

Options
  • 05-01-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭

Recently the remote locking on my Avensis has been giving me a bit of trouble. When I lock it, there's no bother, but when I am pressing the button to unlock it, it takes a few really hard presses to get it to unlock. It all came to a head yesterday in SuperValu carpark where I had to stand in the pissing rain for 10 minutes trying to get it unlocked, to no avail. In the end I had to bite the bullet and unlock it with the key and drive out of the carpark with the alarm blaring away. Nobody seemed to give a toss funnily enough, but thats another thread.

Do I need a new key - or could it just be a battery thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Could you not have used the key, got in, stayed dry and attempted to use the un lock button ??

If it's locking ok, I cannot imagine it is the battery.

Is it a Toyota alarm / fob or is it a secondary alarm / fob ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Its a Toyota fob.

And yeah, it occured to me that I should have just got into the car but I didn't want the embarrassment of sitting in the car with the alarm going off. Which I did in the end anyway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paultronix

sounds like the button in your keyfob has broken away from the circuit board,if you know of anyone who's handy with a soldering iron then they could resolder it for you unless the button has gone flat,then it will need to be replaced but you could salvage one of these from an old unused key.
    hope this helps,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,384 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'm thinking it's not a Toyota factory fit alarm, when the alarm went off was it the horn and headlights flashing or just the hazard lights and an alarm noise? Factory fit is horn and headlights flashing and don't think it would be possible to drive it as it disables everything.

Advertisement