Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need recommendations for alternatives to Dunphy and Sam Smyth shows...

Options
  • 05-01-2012 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

I'm an Irish emigrant based in Canada and like to keep up to date with what is happening back home. For the last couple of years I listened to two podcasts that provided a good snapshot of the week's events:

1) The Sunday Supplement (with Sam Smyth, sunday's on Today FM)
    2) The Dunphy Show (Sunday's on Newstalk)

With both of these shows now cancelled I'm looking for suggestions of alternative shows. Ideally something panel based that does a weekly round up rather than the day to day banality of Joe Duffy. However, I'm open to suggestions if there's another format that you can suggest.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated and just to throw one more requirement into the mix - ideally these shows would have the podcast uploaded within 24 hours of broadcast so that its fresh.

Cheers,
    H.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 irish canuck

Anyone, anyone... Bueller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 hairybowsie

the sunday supplement is still available. At least it was until 11 December. Rte playback? Not great .weekly round up of illness story and some lame comedy sketch. Still listen to it as i'm also abroad. Hope you get some better suggestions as i'm looking for the same thing and miss sam and eamon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Marian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'd recommend Marian Finucane, but she doesnt come cheap.... oh hang on did I make it sound like you have a choice whether to pay for her or not :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 hairybowsie

Any idea what has happened to the Sunday supplement show? No podcasts available this year so far. Dunphy's replacement doesn't seem to be available either on newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭Genghis

Any idea what has happened to the Sunday supplement show? No podcasts available this year so far. Dunphy's replacement doesn't seem to be available either on newstalk.

Sunday Supplement finished mid December. Today FM have put on something called 'Savage Sunday' or something along those lines, presented by Anton Savage.

Advertisement