Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling Car

Options
  • 05-01-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I'm selling my car at the minute and I've got loads of texts/calls saying ''will u do a good cash deal'' & ''whats the best price for cash'' & ''i'll be paying cash, so you'll knock a few quid off'' etc etc.

Am I missing something?

I'm a private seller and i'll only accept cash or bank draft, i'm not doing a hire purchase or anything else just a straight sale.

Whats the story with CASH?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Standard fare when selling, unfortunately people are either spoofing or looking for a bargain. Forget that crap, if they are serious they will arrange to see it.

If not then ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

Just some muppets who've seen people on the TV using the "wave some cash" to get a discount technique.

I think the point of waving the cash is to show the seller how close they are to a sale and entice them into a bigger discount out of eagerness to get their hands on the money.

Just tell them to come take a look and you'll discuss the price with them, but that the car is worth the money you're asking

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭beartooth

Ye're right if their serious they'll ring and come to see it.

Its a pain in the ass alright the car is very keenly priced (prob cheapest on done deal) and i'm getting loads of offers way below what i'm looking for.

At least there is interest in it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭pcardin

listermint wrote: »
    Standard fare when selling, unfortunately people are either spoofing or looking for a bargain. Forget that crap, if they are serious they will arrange to see it.

If not then ignore them.

I agree with that. Hate myself people asking for my last price before even comming to see the car. As said ignore this type of spoofers.
    sf80 wrote: »
    Just some muppets who've seen people on the TV using the "wave some cash" to get a discount technique.

I think the point of waving the cash is to show the seller how close they are to a sale and entice them into a bigger discount out of eagerness to get their hands on the money.

Just tell them to come take a look and you'll discuss the price with them, but that the car is worth the money you're asking

I see where u come from but can't see whats wrong with this. Potential buyer has come down to see the car and is trying to bargain some price down. He shows the money because he has it and is prepared to buy your car. :confused:

There is another type I hae the most , people who come to see for asking price of €800 and literary begging seller to sell them for €250. I had such a situation twice. First time it was fun (something new for me), next time I just asked them to fcuk off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

90% of the general public are gobshites and another 5% watch too much Wheeler Dealers.

So the probablility of getting this nonsense is quite high. Donedeal seems to attract even more than usual.

Similar to someone selling an xbox etc. on adverts.ie and having people ask if they want to swap for an ironing board and two hods of earth. Gobshites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭pcardin

mailforkev wrote: »
    90% of the general public are gobshites and another 5% watch too much Wheeler Dealers.

So the probablility of getting this nonsense is quite high. Donedeal seems to attract even more than usual.

Similar to someone selling an xbox etc. on adverts.ie and having people ask if they want to swap for an ironing board and two hods of earth. Gobshites.

And to what category will you address yourself - to the Gobshite or Wheeler Dealers watcher? :D

Don't understand how it is Donedeal's fault?! :confused:

While I agree that it is a ridiculous to get an ironing board as swap offer but you have to be prepared for that. Just say "No, thanks" and move on. Don't advertise anything if you can not deal with it.

And what about sellers asking €150 for €10 worth crap or wanting to swap for ANYTHING?

Advertisement