Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Needed ASAP

Options
  • 05-01-2012 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Right, so in court in two weeks for Application for early restoration of my license.

Rang my previous insurer (quinn) looking for a quote and to get the letter from them saying they will insure me with conviction.

But the dude on the phone says he can't quote me or send out the letter I need for court unless I physically have the license, which I haven't, and can't get til I get this letter!

Anyone any idea who would say they am aware i have been banned and will quote me and also send out the letter for court? Doesnt matter how crazy the quote just need that letter.
    I rang a broker before and told them I had my license already under the same circumstances and got a pretty decent quote.

But they wont send out a letter or give me a guaranteed quote unless I have my license!

Help please?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Whats become of your licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PeterB11

It was handed in after a 2year 1day ban

Anyone? One fella from quinn said he will forward it to the legal department and i rang again and the woman said "its not in our policy and we cannot send out a letter" how on earth am i meant to get this letter?

Clearly other people can, one of my mates also who was with quinn had a letter sent out to them why won't they send out one for me :D

last time I checked I wasnt a member of the taliban :P

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

Would also like to know this as my old insurer, also Quinn, wont sent me out a letter either I'm up end of this month too!?

How are others getting their letters for court?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

PeterB11 wrote: »
    Anyone? One fella from quinn said he will forward it to the legal department and i rang again and the woman said "its not in our policy and we cannot send out a letter" how on earth am i meant to get this letter?

Clearly other people can, one of my mates also who was with quinn had a letter sent out to them why won't they send out one for me :D

last time I checked I wasnt a member of the taliban :P
    Dannyboi3k wrote: »
    Would also like to know this as my old insurer, also Quinn, wont sent me out a letter either I'm up end of this month too!?

How are others getting their letters for court?

Quinn has changed A LOT of it prodedures since the yanks (liberty) took over......that's what happened.

+, they don't really want young drivers no more, they're repositioning themselves in the marketplace.

• Advertisement

Since when? I know someone who have received these letters in November?

Anyone know of an insurance company who WILL send out a letter for me?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

......have you asked a broker for a quote and asked them to put it to you in writing?

would that suffice?

2 brokers I've called have got all my details and won't actually give out the quote to me over the phone unless I have my license. And they said the company that has quoted me won't give out a letter to say they are aware of the ban and will insure me.

This is b*ll*x

someone surely must have went through the same ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

PeterB11 wrote: »
    Right, so in court in two weeks for Application for early restoration of my license.

Rang my previous insurer (quinn) looking for a quote and to get the letter from them saying they will insure me with conviction.

But the dude on the phone says he can't quote me or send out the letter I need for court unless I physically have the license, which I haven't, and can't get til I get this letter!

Anyone any idea who would say they am aware i have been banned and will quote me and also send out the letter for court? Doesnt matter how crazy the quote just need that letter.
    I rang a broker before and told them I had my license already under the same circumstances and got a pretty decent quote.

But they wont send out a letter or give me a guaranteed quote unless I have my license!

Help please?!

why did you lose yer lisence/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

If they wont quote you until you have your licence back then the only thing you can do is to ring around aload of the companies and get them to send that to you in writing as in they can't quote you until the licence is back.... its a catch 22. There has to be some way wround that.....

Tigger wrote: »
    why did you lose yer lisence/

Didn't know that was need to know info, as I didn't start the thread to ask for help on why I was banned.
    tyview wrote: »
    If they wont quote you until you have your licence back then the only thing you can do is to ring around aload of the companies and get them to send that to you in writing as in they can't quote you until the licence is back.... its a catch 22. There has to be some way wround that.....

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking the same, if I can't get that letter it's all I can do and hope the judge will issue the license back on those terms I can get insured or even go back to court with the letter once I got my license.

Head.Is.WRECKED!!!

But, they are not obliged to so why would they?
    No doubt they will refuse to bother sending a letter.

Making up some bullsh*t as to why not.
    Really pisses me off they cant send a letter even saying they are aware you
    have been banned and are 'considering' insuring you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Since when? I know someone who have received these letters in November?

Anyone know of an insurance company who WILL send out a letter for me?

Only became official Nov 14th.. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/1115/1224307582337.html

F*ck it anyway. F*ck liberty :D

Anyone any ideas!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

What about an online quote? They generally email you the details too. You could print it out and maybe use it.

F*ck it anyway. F*ck liberty :D

Anyone any ideas!!?

+1

Online quotes won't do quotes for people with convictions.
    And it needs to be a letter, also stating they are aware I have been banned
    and are willing to quote me.

Thanks though..
    Anyone?

Got a letter from Quinn Direct today. Looks like it will do, they are aware of the ban and the dates are correct and are willing to cover me provided I supply details (they ask for license front and back) so all good so far.

All up to the judge on the day now

Advertisement