Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vw passat problem

Options
  • 05-01-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Im fixing an 08 2.0 diesel passat but having no joy.
    It won't start its full with oil and its saying low oil pressure. I plugged the diagnostics in and it has an ecm fault. Any ideas what to do now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Im fixing an 08 2.0 diesel passat but having no joy.
    It won't start its full with oil and its saying low oil pressure. I plugged the diagnostics in and it has an ecm fault. Any ideas what to do now?

Injector gone me thinks. Is it turning and any faults or warnings on the dash??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Is the fuel lift pump priming when you turn on the ignition?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭DarrenCroker

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Injector gone me thinks. Is it turning and any faults or warnings on the dash??

The engine is turning just not starting. The only warnings is low oil pressure turn off the engine.

Ignore the low oil pressure warning. That is a symptom of the non start not a cause. It happens because you are turning the engine over on the starter for a long period.

Is the fuel lift pump priming when you turn on the ignition?

No its not.

• Advertisement

What diagnostics are you using on it? Is it a basic code reader or can it do output tests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

No its not.

They are known for failure on the Passat..

What diagnostics are you using on it? Is it a basic code reader or can it do output tests?

Basic code reader

What do you mean by ECM error? Does it communicate with the ECU at all?

I found the problem. There was a wire and it looked as of ot was chewed off
    Thanks for the replies anyway George Dalton and -Corkie-

• Advertisement
Advertisement