Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on touring Europe in a Camper Van?

Options
  • 05-01-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Planning on a camper van tour around Europe next Aug/Sept for 6 -8 weeks and wondering if anybody can offer any advice please?

Thinking of ferry to UK and onto Denmark, Germany, Poland, Hungary, Slovenia etc ......

Any suggestions for good campsites in this region? It's our first time taking the camper van outside of Ireland so any advice/suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭WildWater

This excellent blog covers all the countries you mentioned and more, lots lots more!

http://www.europebycamper.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bo.jangles

We bought The Caravan Club (not members ) CARAVAN EUROPE 2 book when we went in 09 found it to be very useful for campsites in Germany, Poland, Czech rep and Austria used it again in 10 for Belgium and Holland. It has about 3500 campsites between Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Rep, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden and Switzerland . Now I have it out I think I could be using it this year. Hmmmmmmm Black Forest Germany.
    www.vicarious-shop.com has the 2011 copy priced 15.99 stirling.

The Caravan Club Europe guides campsites are not part of an inspected program but are submitted by users and entries are up to 4/5 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

Before computers how did we find out about different countries:

We contacted their embassy and they sent via post literature and campsites on their country. It was a great way of passing away long winters nights reading and planning the trip. Perhaps you could also try this . Hope you have a very safe and pleasant trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adventurer10

sunchaser wrote: »
    Before computers how did we find out about different countries:

We contacted their embassy and they sent via post literature and campsites on their country. It was a great way of passing away long winters nights reading and planning the trip. Perhaps you could also try this . Hope you have a very safe and pleasant trip.

Yes I agree, I have already emailed off for this inforamtion which is also handy to carry in the camper if no access to internet.

I was just really to hear about personal experiences and recommendations, not just on campsites but tips on what to do/not do.

Looking forward to it and enjoying the planning stage at the moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adventurer10

WildWater wrote: »
    This excellent blog covers all the countries you mentioned and more, lots lots more!

http://www.europebycamper.com/

very interesting blog and some good tips thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement