Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDTV Video Calibration

Options
  • 05-01-2012 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭

First post in this forum. Mods if this is not the correct place for this question, please feel free to move it.

I purchased a Samsung 40" LED 3D HD Smart TV with a Samsung 3D Blueray player just after Christmas as my 15yr old :o CRT TV died. I also signed up wit UPC for HD+ Max.

Looking around the web I have seen some articles regarding "Optimising/Calibrating" the Video settings of the TV and have seen some mention of using THX certified DVD's or possibly Transformers 2 Blueray disc along with blue filter glasses.

I am not a mad TV person but I do have a large collection of DVD's which I watch from time to time. Now while I am quite happy with the display on the TV, but I am curious as to whether
    • There is any benefit/improvement to be gained by calibrating the video settings of the TV? I was asked when I powered it up first whether I wanted showroom or home settings and chose the home option.
    • If the glasses are a) required & b) available in Ireland?
    • Is there another (more up to date) way to optimise the video display of a HDTV?
    I do know that you can get the glasses from THX, but as a lot of the posts I read were from circa 200, I was wondering if maybe the glasses (if required) have become more readily available here.

TIA for any and all responses.

Advertisement