Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POTD & TOTD

Options
  • 05-01-2012 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Both the Thread & Post of the Day are showing the title for days gone by but showing a different 'post' and 'thread' to what it states:

today:-
    TOTD says "Thinking of Going Back" but clicking on it leads to this and
    POTD says M.T. Cranium but the link is for this by ScreamingMidget.

Caché has been cleared and I'm using 'forum default skin'.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Ahh DHTML menu, my old friend. This is caused by over-zealous caching on our side, not yours.

Thanks for the bug report :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

OK I've pushed a change that should resolve this, we won't really know until the menu updates tonight at mignight.

Marking as resolved for now, DHTML menu is up to date. I won't close the thread, if it ever falls behind again just give this a bump as it's a bit of a strange one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

ah, bump! :)

TOTD says "A few questions please..." but links to this.

POTD says J.Martston but links to this.

This appears to be unrelated. The menu files weren't being updated by the autoupdate script, but the right POTD/TOTD were being selected which is why there was a mismatch. This is possibly related to one or two new webnodes we've deployed recently, so do keep an eye on this to see if it goes out of sync again.

Resolved for now, but leaving thread open :)

• Advertisement

I am aware this is out of sync again. I will look closer at this tomorrow and see where is it all going wrong :)

Rebuilt the menus there again after having no success about 12:30 this morning, fingers crossed we're good to go from here on in as I've tweaked the fix from the initial bug report (which seems to have been the cause)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

bump again :)

The POTD says Yi Harr but links to this by Biggins
    &
    TOTD says US Apps via Proxy but links to Resident evil 6 revealed.

Rónán noticed it today and said it to me today but I was swamped. I know the cause, but I need a bit more time for the fix. You're still getting the right POTD/TOTD so I'm not marking this as a high priority

We've been here before, but I think we've got to the bottom of this :p

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement