Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Husky shedding

Options
  • 05-01-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    Anyones husky shedding?
    Mine (1 yr old) has being at it all Christmas and the amount of hair coming of is UNBELIEVABLE! I knew a husky sheds but i thought it would be later in the spring not December :confused: .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I'm no expert but believe that husky's shed twice a year. I have a St. Bernard and she sheds something terrible- twice a year, a summer coat and a winter coat.
    I'd say it's normal but if you're really concerned bring him to the vet to have his coat and skin checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Look up some husky sites/resources, and you'll fall over info talking about how much they shed.

It hasn't helped that this winter has been really mild, which is throwing things off balance for them. Of my lot, one if shedding like mental right now. There will be a lot of hair any time they shed, and it will get everywhere. Twice a year usually. They "blow their coat", and if not used to it, you'll be freaked, the amount of hair that comes out and how it comes out.... Don't be alarmed though, all part of owning a Husky :)

Invest in some grooming tools, a slicker brush, undercoat rake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

Our Akita is starting to lightly shed now too

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

i have all the brushes and everything. Furminator is the only job. Just im shocked by the amount of hair that comes out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

my brothers jrt is shedding like mad as well. came out of his house the other day wearing a white jumper. went in with a black one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

My Logan, a large collie cross, is shedding like crazy. We have 4 shelties and a collie german shepard cross as well and there is hair everywhere and its only from Logan. I think its the mild weather, he's shedding way more than normal

Advertisement